Saturday, May 28, 2011

outing with Dave - Sri Ayutthaya


outlook of the Sri Ayutthaya 

having a day off for my diet plan
went to Sri Ayutthaya Thai Restaurant with Dave for our meal
not far from my place, just located behind Carrefour
it's a bungalow-liked building
the inside of the restaurant are decorated with beautiful ornaments
on each table, we can see the fresh purple orchids & aromatic candles
love the Thai-styled decoration so much!
the servers were nice & friendly as well
short & brief introduction is enough
as the superb environment can hardly be described in words


Dave ordered the coconut juice for his drinks
the little coconut looked so cute with the purple orchid


I had chosen the refreshing starfruit juice 
^.^


For appetizer, we had the Mango Kelabu
I didn't know how to describe the taste
the taste was the combination of sour, spicy, sweet & salty
as showed in the photo, red onions & chilli padi were added to enhance the flavour
it played its role as the appetizer well


soup was served next
I ordered the Tom Yam Seafood Soupa red fiery
a variety of ingredients were thrown in
such as squid, prawns & chunks of fish fillet
galangal and lemongrass were added for the fragrance
the ingredients mixed well to give the best taste of the soup
sincerely, this was the best tom yam soup I ever had


the first dish - Green Curry Beef
beef never failed to match well with curry
I chose the green curry instead of the normal red curry
as I just wanna try something different
the curry was thick!
not watery like the common curry
love this much


of course I wouldn't miss out fish cuisine
the server recommended this - Deep-fried Fish in Royang Sauce
hopefully I didn't write the name wrong
it tasted mildly spicy & sweet
the sauce just blended well with the fresh fish


the last dish - Baby Squids in Claypot
Dave ordered this
the baby squids looked cute, exactly baby-look
the taste was a bit spicy
lots of chilli padi could be found in the sauce

highly recommend this Thai restaurant for my friends who love Thai cuisine
I enjoyed all the dishes much
thx Dave for treating me a nice meal
I bet I'll be smiling like baby in my dream later
( dream about the delicious Thai dishes surrounding me :p )


No comments:

Post a Comment